Monday 6 May 2013

new beginnings: 5 things I never thought I would do

during the past five months i have experienced many things that have completely transformed my life. it has been really scary and super exciting all at the same time.

here are my top five. 

1. myreallifekitchen. it began with this blog back in december 2012. after several months of procrastination, thinking and questioning i finally coughed up enough courage to click 'publish' with my first post. the chatter in my head was who's even going to read it and no one will be interested and all that other self depreciating stuff that dampens our creative spirit. but i did it and am here to share my personal and confronting journey with you. 

2. business. this week i completed an 8 week online business course. to those of you who know me well enough to know that businessy things are not for me and have just fainted after hearing this for the first time, im sorry. but i did it. and it was great and inspiring and enriching and all that other stuff. and well, i am about to embark on my exciting new business venture so watch this space!! 

3. 
veganisim. i just spent the past 5 weeks on a vegan diet. yep, that's right - no meat, dairy, eggs etc. i did eat fish on three occasions out of necessity  but other than that it was veggies, beans, veggies, veggies and quinoa. what was it like? AMAZING! my whole outlook on food and eating has changed and my body is eternally thankful for it.  

4. social media. this was a biggie for me. id never really been a online media participant. in my mind it was always a place for other people to share their photos, thoughts and ideas. but then i clicked 'share' on facebook and let you all into this place; a secret place i'd been hanging out in for a while. i can now say that i have officially embraced social media. my instagram account is in full flow and i will, in the near future, post my first (small steps please) comment on twitter. until then... 

5. read a manual. this one is dedicated to my husband and sister - both  are avid manual readers. they, along with you too now, know that i DON'T do manuals. not for anything; kitchen appliances, gadgets, electronics, NOTHING! in fact, even if something has malfunctioned and hindered me from getting an important task done i still wouldn't read the manual! 


however, on the weekend i just so happened to become luckiest new owner of a super cool camera. this camera was an early birthday present from my love. 

it came with a manual. 




i have never before been this excited to read anything. Ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment